Thursday, May 13, 2010

There's Something About Sophie.

When mom's on the message boards said their babies loooooved Sophie the Giraffe, I thought I couldn't deprive Charlie of this wonder toy. I gave it to Charlie and he was so not interested in it. At all. I kept trying to make him like it because I paid $15 for it and its basically a dog toy. A plastic toy with a squeaker in it. Buddy goes NUTS over Sophie. Do not squeak her in his presence or we will all be sorry. I decided all the moms were lying because they felt silly buying such an extravagent piece of cr*p, I mean, piece of rubber. My friend Sarah has one and I asked her what the big deal was and she said "it's French." I said "no really, what is the big deal about Sophie?" Again she replied, "it's French." Hmm....

Well, I kind of gave up on little miss Sophie from Paris until I saw Charlie finally came around. Maybe there is something to this Sophie business after all.

6 comments:

christina said...

mmmm i'm with your early thoughts on sophie. i'm still hoping she'll come around to makeing lovie's day but for now, i still think it was a waste of $15.

Katie said...

If you got Sophie for $15 then you actually got a bargain. We got one from Brian's cousin while in San Diego and he left the price tag on it and he paid $24.95 for the darn rubber toy. Then the friends that we stayed with decided that they too needed one b/c of all the hype around it and I think that they paid $22.95 for it. Personally I too think it's a rip off and don't understand the thrill about having it.

Alyssa said...

You're right, Katie. I forgot I got it on sale at Amazon. I guess if he enbds up loooving it then its worth it but next time
I might just give him a dog toy!

sfloyd said...

I am actually thinking the same thing about Sophie...but I keep trying...She LOVES the sound but has really gotten into holding onto her or chewing on her...we'll get there I guess.

Gale Hoover Hammond said...

Um...so if you're from France, that's a good thing? :)

Maybe she doesn't lose her "whistle" so easily like a dog's toy might...ok, I am rationlizing...

Unknown said...

Ah, yes. The Sophie. G NEVER took to it.
Here he is slamming the giraffe around http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp5xKjB5qc0 . It was about the most action the two of them ever got together.