Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Unwelcome House Guest



I took Buddy out to go potty last night and saw a really big spider crawling up on its web into the bottom of our little bench we have by our front door. I took a closer look and realized we had a black widow on our hands.

I think it was the first time I've ever seen one in person. I knew it was a black widow because of its big black booty and red hourglass spot. I took Buddy inside and took him back outside through our garage so we wouldn't have to get near that thing. The next day, during the daytime, the spider was gone but tonight, he was back under our bench. Warning: you might not want to sit on this bench!

Rob called some pest control people who will start spraying our house on a regular basis starting Friday. Wish they would come sooner!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I found one in our garage about 2 weeks ago crawling around Brian's hockey gear. I made Brian open up a can of Raid on it. Thankfully we haven't seen anymore. YUCK, I hate spiders.

Dorothy said...

ahhhh, did you take that picture?

Alyssa said...

Heck no! I didn't stay around long enough to take a picture. :) I googled the image.

Gale Hoover Hammond said...

ick, ick, ick, ick. And I may I also add, eeew, eeew, eeew.........