Monday, May 17, 2010

Last Day Of Maternity Leave.

**Written Last Night

Today is my last day of maternity leave - I've been off since 11/25. I'm so glad I took off the 4 weeks prior to my due date and feel fortunate that I was able to have so much time off after Charlie arrived. It feels like forever since I worked but on the other hand I feel like those 5.5 months just flew by.


Today Charlie and I had our typical day of eating, playing, reading, napping and we also had time to run a quick errand too. My mom asked if I wanted to get a pedicure with her and I said yes - I needed one and I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my purse pocket. It was nice to be pampered with a "Chocolate Pedicure" but I missed my little guy - how am I going to go so long without seeing and holding him?

My plan is to get up around 6:00 am and I should be home by 4:30 pm. Charlie sleeps until 7:00 am or later so I'm not planning on seeing him in the morning. :( Before last Friday, I had only been away from him for 3 hours tops (last Friday I didn't see him for 5 hours). I hope he doesn't wonder "where is she??".


Something tells me tomorrow is going to be a tough day.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It will be a hard day, but hopefully you'll be busy with work so that can distract you a bit. Good luck!! And Charlie will be happy to see you later and still love you just as much. XOXO!

christina said...

I'm sorry you have to do this. I know first hand how distgustingly hard it can be... but you'll get through it because you'll have Charlie waiting for you!