Thursday, May 6, 2010

4 Month Dr. Appointment.


Today Charlie had his 4 month appointment. Here are his stats:

Weight: 16 lbs (75th percentile - still)
Height: 25 in (55th percentile - went up by 5 percent which I think is good so it's more in line with weight)
Head: 16.75 in (60th percentile)


He got a couple more shots. He cried a little before they even gave him the shot, but he did pretty well.


I felt like a proud mama when she asked about milestones and I was able to say, yes, he does that.


She said its ok to go swimming with him at 6 months (and can now if we want) but that we'll need to rinse him off right away to get the chlorine off his skin. I think we'll wait until it gets a little warmer.


She also thought his head looked better (flatness).


She gave us some sleep advice because he's not a great napper. I don't know if I'm ready for this "let him cry a bit" deal. I'm weak, ok?


She confirmed again his eczema is "pretty bad" and told us to apply a 1% hydrocortizone cream on the bad parts. She asked if I eat dairy and I told her the whole story and that we didn't see a difference in his skin. We decided to do an allergy test to see if he is allergic to anything. We went to the lab next door and they drew his blood - poor baby! We should get the results next week. We're probably going to wait until after our 6 month appointment to introduce solids, especially if he has food allergies.

No comments: