Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First Day Back.

I’m at work now, pretending to work. I don’t really have much to do, yet. I have a couple big projects but waiting to hear back from a couple people before I can start.

I wasn’t able to see Charlie this morning because he was sleeping, but I pumped and got ready and left about 20 minutes later than I wanted to and got into some decent traffic. My coworker told me that on my day back to work, hundreds of emergency personnel – from local, state, and federal levels will participate in a full-scale emergency operations drill simulating a terrorist bomb attack at the port I work by/on. She told me so I wouldn’t “freak out” when I came into work. I haven’t heard any explosions but I guess there have been a few already. Apparently Arnold Schwarzenegger will be there to set off a bomb – good times.

I was welcomed back to my cube with a missing printer, missing cable (so I couldn’t get online) and missing floor heater. I got a new cable and took my old manager’s printer but haven’t recovered my printer. Oh, my calendar is gone too. Maybe they thought I wasn’t coming back? My coworkers did get pizza and Kara’s cupcakes for me and these lovely tulips:

They are too kind.

Work hasn’t been too bad. I got a little teary eyed on the way into work when I thought about him so I tried not to. I do have a digital frame Rob got me for Christmas that I’ve been staring at all day. I can’t wait to go home and give him a big hug!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hang in there. It gets better. I've been back for 2 1/2 months and Mondays are the worst but before you know it, it's time for the weekend and baby loving time.