Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sex Obsessed!

Whoa, like that title?! I'm totally obsessed about finding out the sex of this baby. I was pretty obsessed with knowing if Charlie was a boy or a girl but I've taken it to a whole other level. What level you ask? I've peed in a cup and added baking soda to see if it fizzles (fizzle= boy, no fizzle = girl). Yeah. I went there.

My latest obsession is the "nub theory". Basically you look at your 13-15 week ultrasound pics and if the genital area is > 30 degrees as compared to the spine, you are probably having a boy. If its more horizontal to the spine, you are probably having a girl. I've looked at ultrasounds that were confirmed boy and girl and I have to say, I think this whole nub theory may not be totally crazy.

Here is a pic of a 12 week old boy (see it pointing up a little?)



and a 12 week old girl (this one is sticking out, not up)



and here is our ultrasound picture of #2


Our pic is a bit fuzzy but I dare you to take a guess!

I posted our pic online and got 17 girl guesses 13 boy guesses.

Other "tests" I've done:

Chinese Gender Predictor Test - Girl (note: it also told me Charlie was a girl)
Baking Soda Test - Boy
Ring Test - Girl
Heartbeat Rate - Girl

Apparently you can read your palm to find out the gender but I couldn't find the lines. They said you may need a magnifying glass but thats just too much work for me.

Well, 2 more weeks and we find out. Until then, I'll continue to lose sleep over it but thats ok. We will know soon enough!

P.s. Seriously - look at the pics and let me know what your vote is ;)

2 comments:

Rob said...

my vote is that you need to get over it. love you!

Gale Hoover Hammond said...

I second Rob's vote - ALTHOUGH I thnk Charlie nailed it this mornng in the car!! BTW, I see zero nubs on your ultrasound....sorry, can't vote! So I'll stick with Charlie's say-so!!