Saturday, September 18, 2010

Water Drama.

The morning after we got back from our vacation, I was in Charlie's bathroom getting my rings (I had taken them off the night before when I gave him a bath) and heard a drip, drip, drip.


The sound of water dripping drives me a little insane and I was determined to find out where it was coming from. I soon figured out it was coming from underneath the sink. I looked under the sink and saw a big puddle towards the back of the cabinet, went to Rob and said, "we have a problem." Then I said "ok, gotta go to work!"

Rob called our homeowners insurance and they came out to look at the damage. The leak upstairs went down to our guest bedroom and guest bathroom on the first level. I came home to this:



Markings all over our walls with blue tape indicating where there was water.


A week or so later, they came out to demo our downstairs guest bathroom and bedroom.




We had to take all of my crap out of the bedroom closet, so for the past month and a half, our living room has looked like this:


The restoration starts next week - thank goodness!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yikes! Does not look like fun. Though, I do have to admit...I did chuckle when I saw the connect-the-dots maze of blue on your walls. :-P Sorry. *hug* Hope the resto goes well!!

Alyssa said...

lol - it looks like a treasure map!

Rob said...

I like how you said "we" had to move all of your crap out. In order for there to be a "we", a "you" needs to be involved.