Saturday, September 25, 2010

That's Random.

Sometimes when I'm in traffic, and we are at a dead spot, I look around at the other cars out of boredom. At times I will notice someone starting at me in their mirror. Like this:




Do they think I can't see them? Its like those big trucks that say if you can't see my mirror, I can't see you. So if you can see me in your mirror, buddy, I can see you staring at me!


I don't know why they are staring - boredom too? It certainly isn't to admire my disheveled appearance. But it makes me feel weird. Then I get nervous because its uncomfortable so I look away and bite my lip trying not to smile. I sometimes laugh and smile when I'm nervous or uncomfortable.

The worst is when there is a car next to me with a bunch of people (men/boys) in there and the biting isn't working and I'm smiling. The person in the car looking at me will typically look away for a second then everyone in the car is turning around to look because they think I am enjoying this.

I used to carpool with 2 ex-coworkers and the driver was determined to kill me by way of embarassment. One time were in the fast lane and he started slowing down so we were driving at the same speed as the car to the right of us. I was in the passanger seat in the front and looked over at the guy in the car next to us then looked straight ahead. My driver wouldn't go faster so we kept at the same speed as the car next to us. I couldn't take it anymore and just started laughing and trying not to look at this person who probably thought I liked him. Its stuff like this that really embarasses me.

5 comments:

Gale Hoover Hammond said...

I was biting my lip from smiling at the thought of you sitting in your car in the garage taking these pictures :) Funny posting, Lys - and I know what you mean. When you're my age and guys look at you for a second (probably the blond hair) and then it's like they suddenly get my age (grandma-age) and they look away and I'm sure they're embarrassed to have been checking out a grandma :)

Alyssa said...

LOL I know I felt a little ridiculous taking the pictures but thought I needed to provide a visual!

Stephanie said...

Just so you know, it did take me a good 8 seconds to realize that it really was you in the sunglasses. You looked so posh! :-P It's late. I'm bleary-eyed. Night night time for me!

Jen said...

What's worse than people staring at you when you're in the car is having the bird on the side of your blog staring at my the whole time I was reading :-)

Alyssa said...

LOL Jen you crack me up!!! I'm not sold on the bird so just hang in there for a bit. :)