Friday, July 30, 2010

More Pumping At Work Woes.

Pumping at work is awkward. The first time I did it, I felt really weird sitting in a room, at work, naked from the waist up. Weird. I got over it quickly, but the weirdness is still there.

When I walk to the pumping room, I have a backpack on (the pump), laptop in the crook of my arm and my little ice cooler in the other hand. Often times people pass me in the hall and say “have a good day!” or “see you tomorrow!” I just smile – I don’t want to say, “not going home yet, just going to a room to get milk out of my boobs!”

When I’m done pumping, I go into the ladies room to clean the bottles and shields out. I do this as fast as I can and avert eye contact. It’s weird to see your coworker cleaning baby bottles out. And for those who aren’t moms, they are probably wondering what the heck those cone things are for – or worse, they figure out what they are used for. Awkward, awkward, awkward.

And finally today, I was putting my little ice pack/cooler in the fridge and a girls says “oh how cute your little lunch bag is!” And I said, “yes…it’s small.” I didn’t know what to say.

Did I mention pumping at work is awkward?

No comments: