Tuesday, November 23, 2010

12 Days of Christmas - Day 2





Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks

Hmph. I do not really have any Black Friday tips/tricks and I typically do not venture out to the mall if I don't have to. I went once and that was one too many times for me. Last year I did go to our local target and it actually was not crazy but we live in a small town so maybe thats not the norm. I might venture out to Target again this year or Wal-Mart and see what kind of toy sales they have going on.
 
I do most of my shopping online and I'll admit I often get swayed to go and buy something from those email ads you get in your inbox around this time of year that say "Extra 30% off PLUS free shippping!" or "Pre-Black Friday Sale!" I'm all about a good deal and if I think I found one, I jump on it.
 
In the past, I think all the good online deals were on the following Monday or also known as Cyber Monday. But I feel like the past few years the stores try to get a jump start on the sales so they get the business so I'm not sure if prices online are typically better on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. If anyone knows, please do me a solid and leave a comment and let me know.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I was at the Gap last Saturday and the whole store was 40% off. I remember when I worked at the outlets the day after Thanksgiving the whole store was 50% off (and a freaking zoo)!. My personal opinion is that the economy is so bad that it is now possible to get a good deal before and after Black Friday.

I just don't think it's worth the hassle of all the people. I shopped Black Friday once and I don't think I'll do it anytime soon.