Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Father's Day.


The Dads.

This year was Rob's first Father's Day. Charlie and I went to a paint your own pottery place in town but they messed up and didn't get the "art" in the oven in time for Father's Day. They missed it - I was not a happy camper. For Mother's Day, Rob got me this...



It's a Tanzanite (Charlie's birthstone) and Diamond ring. He set the bar pretty high - we both agreed being first time parents was a big deal and a big year for us so we went big for our first "parents' days. So, I saw his Tanzanite ring and raised him this...


Rob: "What is it? A rock?"
Alyssa: "No, it's not a rock"
Rob: "What the..?"
Alyssa: "It's a pebble."
Rob: "Was I right?!"

Rob had guessed the present a few weeks ago but I pretended I didn't know what he was talking about. His gift is a round of golf at Pebble Beach. He's always wanted to play and his parents even gave him a gift card once but he instead used it so we could stay the weekend there. I spoke to someone at PB and they told me you only get to reserve your tee time 24 hours in advance (lame!) unless you stay there for two nights. If you stay for two nights, you can get two people on the greens. I had told Jen my idea about PB and she wanted to get her husband Brad a round there, too. So.....Rob and I HAVE to stay there for two nights (DARN) and he and Brad are playing on his birthday next month. I think it all worked out well...a nice gift for Rob and a little vacation for mama!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I really wished Doug play golf regularly. I could benefit from two nights at Pebble Beach. Great present! I like your thinking. :-)

Rob said...

the next time you need two nights we can go to spanish bay. :)