Friday, June 18, 2010

30 While 30.

I turned 30 a couple weeks ago and finally finished my list:

1. Learn how to make a Thanksgiving turkey
2. Sew something
3. Swim with Charlie
4. Take Charlie to the zoo
5. Make biscotti from scratch
6. Have Dorothy watch Charlie while I go on a date with Rob (she came up with this one!)
7. Take Charlie to Sleepy Hollow
8. Take Charlie to Gizdich Ranch
9. Feed geese at Vasona Park
10. Show Charlie snow – I’m kind of nervous about this one. I’m not convinced we’ll have the opportunity or be up for traveling far enough to see snow. I might have to have a back up “thing” to do in case this doesn’t work out
11. Use the ice cream maker
12. Start and complete interior painting (hallway, guests bathrooms, etc.)
13. Go to the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz
14. Get clam chowder at Phil’s in Moss Landing
15. Pay for the order of the person behind me in the Starbucks drive thru
16. Take Charlie to a class like Gymboree or The Little Gym
17. Take Charlie to story time at the library
18. Get my palm read/go to psychic
19. Ride a cable car (I’ve lived in the San Francisco Bay Area almost all of my life and I have never done this)
20. Make a first year photo book for Charlie
21. Take Charlie to the Monterey Bay Aquarium
22. Use my sno cone machine
23. Take Charlie to a national park
24. Learn how to make gnocchi - are you up for it, Nonni?
25. Take a cake decorating class
26. Lose 10 pounds
27. Get family pictures taken
28. Introduce Charlie to Santa
29. Buy the Groupon offered on Charlie’s birthday, December 29
30. Take a family road trip, somewhere 60+ miles away

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

#6 is my favorite, but I think we can take care of number#22 this summer!

Melissa said...

Alyssa, take off the snow visit and bring him to Disneyland!! He'll enjoy it more than the snow!!! Btw, biscotti's are really easy to make! I'm surprised you haven't already attempted those!

Alyssa said...

Melissa you aren't supposed to say that you are supposed to say "wow, biscotti is SO hard to make" so I'll feel so good about myself when I do it. :)