Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Living Room - Before and After

There are some rooms and/or walls in our house that I'm not in love with. Mostly because we haven't had the time or funds to purchase a neat piece of art or enlarge scenic pictures from our honeymoon to put on the blank walls or it's something that I just can't put my finger on. On the other hand there are walls and rooms that I love. Let's just say it's all a work in progress.

Our living room was one of our rooms that I wasn't in love with. I wanted to put a picture of the Colosseum that we took in Rome over the fire place, I also wanted to paint the walls. Then there was the furniture. I liked the furniture, but I felt like the furniture was sooooo spread out. Each couch and chair was up against a wall. It wasn't very cozy until a week ago when I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I wanted to see what it would look like to scrunch everything together and I have to say I love how it turned out. I love the room 83% more than I did before this change and I didn't spend 1 dime. I think I even managed to burn 50 calories moving all the furniture.

Before





After


4 comments:

Mamasita said...

I love the new arrangement, umm...let's see; 94.5%. (ok, how did you come up with 83%, you goofball???!!)

So, if you have a picture you like, let me know. I can get it printed through my "source" at a very reasonable rate and Dad has a cutter that makes nice mats. That just leaves the frame...and I have options there, too...let me know :)

Alyssa said...

I'm taking you up on your offer. I'll try to email them to you tonight. I think I narrowed it down to handful and you can tell me what you think. There are others I want printed, framed, etc. but we'll probably have to do just 1 at a time.

Melissa said...

I like it! Maybe you should come to my house and try to work your magic on rooms filled with too many toys?

Dorothy said...

Looking good! Good job lys!