Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dear Rob,

I wanted to send this message ahead of time, in the chance you find me someday on the garage floor having suffered a heart attack. Let me explain.... Every morning, since January-ish, I walk out to the garage, feel my heart stop beating and say a few curse words that start with the letter F and S. Then breathe a sigh of relief.

When I first enter the garage, everything seems normal enough.



But then I turn around the corner and BAM - I am getting the stare down by the two Christmas trees I offered to take off my mom's hands. I know they don't belong there, but as you know, we still haven't cleaned out our garage and I don't know where to put them. The other Christmas tree I adopted from the Beiers is now lying next to these trees. Thank goodness I declined the Gaballah tree I was offered. I swear every morning, I think there are two burglars in our garage.




I will do my best to make time to put them somewhere else so I don't leave you as a widow, and Buddy mom-less.

Signed,
Terrified of Trees

6 comments:

Rob said...

i've been keeping my mouth shut about these...

the other day after walking buddy I wanted to go through the door next to the garage doors but when i went to open it, it wouldn't move. after i went around to find out WTF was going on, I found the old Beier Christmas tree wedged up against it. There is plenty of room in the closet under the stairs if you organize it and don't just throw them in there.

Rob said...

oh! and one more thing! thanks for letting me know we were getting them by having your dad show up when you weren't home to drop them off. that was a nice surprise...

Anonymous said...

OMG...speaking of heart attacks, I almost had one from laughing so hard at your post - BECAUSE - the SAME THING KEPT HAPPENING TO ME!!! The comical thing is, the "ghost" trees kept "moving" to various locations - first the family room, then the deck (don't ask me why) and finally the garage where I got spooked every single time I encountered them...SORRY ROB - we should've warned you the ghost trees were coming.........just let me know when you want the 67 boxes of decorations :) (j/k - REALLY!)

Alyssa said...

Wow, I didn't know of their history, Mom! They are very life like. I hate to make the reference, but they remind me of KKK members or secret society members with their sheets and cone heads. :( Scary...

Dorothy said...

Yes, I agree with your mom. I laughed so hard. This is hilarious!

Gale Hoover Hammond said...

Yep - that's what they remind me of, too, Alyssa...Guess we should make them little Santa Claus costume cover-ups or something...those sheets are major yuck :( The other thing they kept reminding me of is if you suddenly encountered someone who'd hung themselves from the rafters or something - another unpleasant thought...but I got you - they definitely scare the crap out of you :)