Sunday, January 31, 2010

Introducing the Bottle

I've been wanting to use my breast pump so we can have a supply of milk in case Rob needs to feed him for me so I broke out the pump on Saturday. It took some getting used to but it was successful. The moment of truth was when Rob was going to introduce the bottle to Charlie...Charlie took the bottle like a champ! We fed him 2 oz and he finished in ~7 minutes. He typically feeds for 15 minutes when I feed him. I have no idea how many ozs he gets when I feed him and if its easier for him to feed off me or the bottle. We'll probably figure these things out with time. For now, I'm excited that I'll have some freedom with the feedings.

Look at him looking at his daddy...



Happy mommy

2 comments:

Gale Hoover Hammond said...

WOW!!! I don't know who's happiest about that bottle - you, Charlie or his daddy. What a champ!Congratulations, you guys. This is a huge step :)

Dorothy said...

Go Charlie! 7 mins!