Thursday, December 17, 2009

Nursery is Done! (Pretty Much)

The nursery is pretty much done. I made wall letters to hang above the crib but since the name is a secret, we can't hang them up until he is here. Rob "allowed" me to show you 1 letter. I chose A because believe it or not, the top five boy names we liked all had an A in them, so I feel like I'm not giving anything away here. I figured they cost me about $7 a letter, but I bought way too much ribbon and paint which I'll return, so my guess right now is the cost is about $5 a letter. My inspiration from etsy was by someone who charged $20 a letter - I got vetoed.

My letter:



I'm going to glue the button to a push pin and somehow attach the light blue ribbon to it.

Etsy's letter (my inspiration):



Mine aren't totally professional, but I think they turned out pretty cute. I'll have to post a pic when they are all together.

Here is the Before nursery picture:



And the completed nursery:











3 comments:

Mommy Moreno said...

I LOVE IT!!! Great Job!

Dorothy said...

So cute!!1 I love the little hippo chair!

Rachel Moss said...

Very nice! I really like the color of your blue paint. Good job on the letters, too!