Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ugh...

Today is just going to be "one of those days." I woke up this morning feeling pretty refreshed because I went to bed early (9:00) and woke up at 6:00 (ok, I snoozed until 6:30) so I got roughly 9-9.5 hours of sleep which is more sleep than I've had since the Thanksgiving break. I still woke up from time to time during the night as usual since Buddy and I share a pillow and whenever he moves I wake up. I think he is preparing me for sleepness nights when we decide to have baby wagners. Anywho, I went to the bathroom and didn't recognize myself. Underneath my left eye was super puffy. I get dark circles sometimes but I never get really puffy eyes. My right eyelid was really puffy. I do not have much of an eyelid to begin with but this is really noticeable because my left eye now has about 1 cm of an eyelid and I no longer have a right eyelid. I think what bugs me the most is my puffiness is unsymmetrical. I feel like that baby ruth guy from Goonies.

Fine, so I look like a freak. I put on my little peep toe heals, painted the toes that were visible and was on my way out the door.I tripped over a decorative pillow on the floor which isn't that abnormal for me but once I was in the hallway where there was light, I saw my big toe was smudged. I went back and sure enough I had fuschia smudged on our periwinkle pillowcase. Grrreat. I went back to the bathroom aware my husband was probably annoyed that my heels were clicking on the tile (side note: in the townhouse he made a rule that in the morning, when he was sleeping, I couldn't wear heals in the bathroom because it disturbed his slumber). He never confirmed if the rule applied in the new house. Plus if I took off my shoes, then I'd risk smudging my other toes. I got some of the polish off with the remover but I was really running late at this point so I decided to soak the cover in the sink and try again tonight.

I ran out of coffee creamer yesterday so I HAD to stop at the drive thru Starbucks before I got on the freeway to get my 'nog latte. The line wasn't horrible - score! As the lady handed me my latte, I tried not to look her in the eye so she wouldn't see the awfulness which was my face. Somehow I managed to spill my latte down the inside of my car, on my skirt and in the crack of the window (because the window was done). I tried to clean up quickly so I can get moving through the drive thru. I managed to clean most of it up but there was a streak going down my window on the outside. Let me tell you trying to clean the outside of the window with the window cracked halfway is a little difficult as the window is shoved up in my armpit. I managed to get most of it off but now I just have huge smear marks all over my window and my car has a faint eggnog scent.

On my way in, I heard Ice Cube's "Today was a good day" on the radio. Seriously, when was the last time you heard that song on the radio? The timing was impeccable.

And all of this happened before 7:30 AM this morning. Can't wait to find out what the afternoon brings.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Again, you have managed to make my morning a little brighter with your stories (LMAO) ...I am sorry you had a rough morning (your eye does not look that bad). Sending HAPPY thoughts your way!

Jen said...

I hate those days! Hopefully tomorrow will be better :-)

Anonymous said...

At least by the time I saw you (at the gym)you looked "normal" to me. Hope your car isn't smelling too eggnogg-y and no permanent damage done to your vehicle. Those icky days come along to make you appreciate the good times :)

Stephanie said...

You probably won't believe me but I JUST bought some eye cream on Sephora about an hour before reading your blog. :-P Some things are written in the stars!