Sunday, December 14, 2008

That's What She/He Said

I love the moments when someone says something - in all seriousness - but catches everyone so off guard, that everyone goes silent then burst out laughing in unison. Tonight I'm going to share some of these recent moments with you.

When: A few months ago
Who was there: Rob, me, mom, dad, mother in law and father in law
The scene: At my parent's dining room table. In a rare moment of silence, my father in law says "I'm addicted to reading obituaries"

***

When: Two days ago
Who was there: Rob and I with friends Maryanne and
Brian, Dorothy and Keith and Jen and Brad.
The scene: At Jen and Brad's kitchen table. We were eating artichokes among other things when Brian inquires about the aioli that is to go with the artichoke. Brad replies "Isn't aioli the thing around the nipple?"

***

When: Today
Who was there: Me and Jen
The scene: Jen and I were driving to breakfast in Jen's car when her seatbelt started making a squeaking noise. I said "You should put some DSW on that - isn't that what it's called?" To which Jen replied, "Don't you mean WD-40?"

4 comments:

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

I did your tag!!!!!!!!

:)

Michael said...

haha..isnt dsw a womans shoe store?

Jen said...

I'll give you a little bit of credit since we were just talking about DSW before the seatbelt squeeked!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I was thinking of the airport in TX but guess that is DWF. Don't we just use WAY too many initials??? ANYWAY - I have another She said/He said for you - and you may remember this: When you, Rob, Ashley, Jim, Dad and I were in Grand Lake a couple of years ago at the cabin and we were playing a stupid board game and Ashley made a good move that helped our side. What I MEANT to say was, "Ashley, you're the bomb," and what I SAID, was "Ashley, you're the bong," and Ashley said, "MY MOTHER CALLED ME A BONG!!!!"