Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday

Ouch - all night long I was feeling that workout from yesterday. I knew I wasn't in great shape but add that to a class that I think a fit person would find difficult, you'll find yourself hurting. We arrived at the airport around 10:00 am to fly to Oahu. After the security check in point you had the option to hang out and listen to these guys play their hawaiian music.



Kathy and Michael were on a flight that was supposed to leave an hour earlier than us but their plane was having some technical difficulties so they took our flight with us. Rob's family doesn't like to have everyone fly together "just in case." Here is a picture I took in the air of Kauai.



An hour later We arrived at the Halekulani Hotel which is one of my in-laws favorite hotels. The views from our room did not disappoint. It is spectactular. We also found in our room fresh fruits and chocolates from the hotel, and flowers from the Wagner's good friend's the Meindls.







A cool feature of the room is when you pull back the doors on the closet on both sides, you can have an awesome view while taking a bath. Rob told me our honeymoon suite at the Highlands Inn had this too but I didn't notice.



After settling in for a bit, we went to check out the gym, spa and the hotel's boutiques. Later we met Rob's parents at a little restaurant and bar in the hotel called "The House without a Key" for cocktails and to watch former Miss Hawaii dance (she dances 5 or 6 nights a week at this hotel). I think this woman and her dance is one of the reasons why this is one of Lou's favorite places. :)








We ate a nice dinner at the Orchid which is located in the hotel.

Rob and I now have food coma and are getting ready for bed.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Nice View! ME = JEALOUS

Anonymous said...

Great views - I'm glad Lou was enjoying the view, too :)