Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pregnancy Quiz

How far along? 35 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain/loss: +35lbs. I think I can still achieve my goal of a "no more than a 40 lb weight gain" that I gave myself. My dr. on the other hand would be happy if it stays at 35lbs. She said as long as I don't gain anymore I'll be right on point. I told her I'd take up smoking if I needed to. Luckily she knew I was kidding. I wasn't sure if SHE was kidding about not gaining any more weight so I asked Rob when she left the room. He said he's pretty sure she was serious. I don't understand how I shouldn't gain anymore weight if he only weighs 5.25 lbs and when eggnog lattes are in full swing at Starbucks.

Maternity clothes? Yes.

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Sleep: If you asked me about sleep 2 nights ago I would have said its gotten really bad. My sciatic really hurts at night and I'm up at least every 1-2 hours to go to the restroom. Last night, God decided to give me a break and let me sleep FIVE solid hours without getting up to go to the restroom (and when I did wakeup, my hips and sciatic weren't killing me). Also, Buddy and Rob were both snore free. It was great. Then I got two more hours of sleep, went to the restroom, then slept another 3.5 hours before work. It was the best nights sleep I've had in a few weeks.

Best moment this week: Besides last nights sleep, I'd say my other best moment is that today was my last day at work. I love my job and my coworkers but it will be nice to get ready for "Bob." Another great moment this week is that my dad finished painting, installing the molding and wainscotting in the nursery. We can now get started on getting the room together - it looks really cute.

Movement: Yes. He is still moving around quite a bit.

Food cravings: I was going through a phase of craving Chinese food. I've had it twice in the last four weeks and I think I'm having some on Saturday for Jen's birthday.

Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Nope

Belly Button in or out? It's flat. I don't know if it will pop out but its completely flat.

What I miss: Being able to buy shoes. I went to DSW to get new shoes because the shoes I have aren't very comfortable and I couldn't fit in any because my feet were swollen. :(

What I am looking forward to: We start our "internal exams" next week at the dr.'s office. I'm looking forward to see if there is any progress (dilation mainly and his position).

Other Updates: At my appointment yesterday she said he is still in the normal range (not too big, not too small). I also appear to be producing Colostrum. This might be too much information for some people, so if you really want to know what I'm talking about, you can google it. We also "graduated" from our Childbirth Prep class last night. We have 1 more time to get together (next week) but its the hospital tour. I'm actually really looking forward to that.

Bob weighs about 5.25 lbs (same weight as a honeydew melon) and he is over 18 inches long.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Yay for sleep! It seems to have gone by so fast! Bob will be here so soon. I forgot to text you happy last day of work yesterday!
Now you can come and hang with me and Robbie at the gym!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!