Saturday, January 10, 2009

How Cute are my Friends? Part Deux.


Last night I went to dinner last night with my friends to Pizza Antica. We don't go there every weekend, I swear, it's just that another special lady had a birthday, the place is yummy, yada yada yada, so we went back. We finished the evening properly (again) with mini cupcakes from Kara's cupcakes. We are all a little stoked that Pinkberry will be opening soon and something tells me we'll be hitting up that spot at our next outing.

The picture above was taken before the guy next to us decided to add his own music to the already existing restaurant music, via a fart which was followed by a "Um, did that just really happen?" by a horrified Maryanne.

Happy birthday D!

P.s. Does anyone ever look at the people in the backgrounds of their photos? I love doing this and imagine how many photos of strangers I am in making a weird face in the background. Anyway, I loved the face and hand gesture the man is making in the background of this photo. Click on the photo in this posting to see it larger, and look at the guy talking to the guy in blue sweater. I love it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you and your friends are awfully cute, Alyssa! Plus I love your sweater. And holy cow - you look totally skinny in this picture - after being on WW just one day! It's a MIRACLE, I tell you!!!!!! And I do love the guy's expression in the background - but you realize this gives me a whole new thing to worry about...posing for the background in other peoples' pictures. Gosh, I'm going to have to be careful out there!

Dorothy said...

LOL...I love the guy in the background! Thanks for a FUN night!

Alyssa said...

Mamasita - that reminds me of a game Gena and I played one time when I was visiting her in Santa Barbara. The goal of the night was to get in as many random pictures as possible, and stand behind the people and smile as if we were suppposed to be in the picture. I kind of feel bad now because I'm sure we ruined some of their pics but it was fun. Did I mention it was MY brilliant idea? Oh, and this happened at a bar/club, after about 3 appletinis.

Rob said...

i had a physics class once where every week we got an extra credit problem where we were supposed to estimate something. One of the assignments was to estimate how many of other people's pictures you were in the background of. i guessed 4, since i avoid cameras. even with that explanation, my professor was less than impressed.

Anonymous said...

I can TOTALLY see you and Gena smiling in those pics - you guys are crazy!! However,somewhere out there are LOTS of old 50mm (or whatever)film movies of me in my go-go boots dancing my you-know-what off in an outdoor elevated cage in San Francisco. Yes, now it's officially out: I used to have a life. Of course I was only 19 at the time and this endeavor about froze the bejabbers out of me but I thought it was the epitome of cool. Can't you just hear it now - the 97-year old farmer in Iowa saying, "Gertrude? I wonder whatever happened to that little go-go dancer from San Francisco in the white boots that's in this here home movie." Yikes!!!