Monday, January 26, 2009

Cel-A-Brate Good Times, C'mon!

That's what we did this weekend.

Saturday was Michael and Kathy's wedding reception at the Los Gatos Opera House. Going back there reminded me of my Jr. Prom since it was held there. I remember hanging out with my friend Jillian and the first slow song comes on: Woman in Red. We shriek because it's one of our favorite songs at the time. We look around for our dates and Jillian sees Rob (not my husband, but her then boyfriend) and goes to dance with him. I look for Ruben, my date, and see him dancing with another girl. Grrrr...I'm TOTALLY over it, I don't even think about it, ever... Anywho...I also was reminded of the Paulson's whose wedding reception was there a few years ago. Michelle actually recently sent me some pictures I requested awhile ago. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

Bromance - Rob and Brian



Bromance - Rob and Keith



So yeah, we were at the Los Gatos Opera House on Saturday celebrating Michael and Kathy's marital status.

Father of the Bride making a toast.



Michael making a toast.



Ashley and Kathy comparing baby bumps. Ashley is due 2 weeks before Kathy.




El Wagners.



Gracie, just because.



Sunday morning I had my parents and the Strombergs over for Sunday brunch to celebrate my mom's birthday.

I served a weight watcher friendly sausage, egg and cheese casserole. It was pretty tasty.

Sausage-and-Egg Casserole

1 pound bulk turkey breakfast sausage
3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed white bread (about 6 [1-ounce] slices)
2 cups skim milk
1 1/2 cups egg substitute
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dry mustard
Vegetable cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.
Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well.

Combine sausage and next 5 ingredients (sausage through dry mustard) in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; stir well. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Note: Look for this sausage product in the fresh-meat or freezer section of the grocery store.

Yield: 8 servings
4 Points
CALORIES 176 FAT 5g FIBER 0.4g



Served with berries.



Gracie loving the blueberries.



Grammy and Gracie



Sunday afternoon/early evening we headed up to San Jose for Kathy's baby shower at Pedro's. It was hosted by her best friend Candace and her mom Freddie.







Everyone had a great time!







We can't wait to meet Carla!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The casserole looked really good. I made a WW recipe with Italian turkey sausage and peppers for dinner. It was only 3 points and Doug loved it. I'll pass along the recipe if you want...