I made this recipe a week or so again and it was mmm mmm good. But, if you ask me, anything that has the ingredient of goat cheese is doomed to be good.
Goat Cheese and Herb Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Louisiana Potatoes
2 ounces goat cheese
2 oil-pakced sun dried tomatoes, rinsed under water, patted dry, finely chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped basil
2 teaspoons chopped thyme
1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
4 (1/4 pound) skinless boneless chicken breasts
4 teaspoons reduced calorie mayo
1 1/2 pounds baby spinach, rinsed (I didn't use spinach)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a nonstick bakin gpan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the cheese, tomatoes, scallion, basil, and thyme in a bowl, mashing with a fork, until blended. Place breadcrumbs in another small bowl.
3. Cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breast about 2 1/2 inches long. Place 1/4 of the goat cheese mixture inside each slit. Lightly press the pocket closed with a fork. Brush the top side of each breast with the mayo. Dip the chicken, one piece at a time, coated-side down into the bread crumbs. Transfer coated-side up to the baking pan.
4. Spray the tops of the chicken lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the crust is golden, about 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile place the spinach in a large steamer basket set in a saucepan over 1 inch boiling water. Cover tightly and steam until the spinach just wilts, about 3 minutes. Transfer the spinach to a platter, ten top with the chicken. Again, I didn't do this step.
Fat: 12 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
1 1/2 pounds red bliss potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the potates with cold water to cover by 2 inches in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil.
Cook 7 minutes. Drain the potatoes, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with the onion, oil, Cajun seasoning, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Arrange on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until the potatoes are tender and crips around the edges, stirring once, about 30 minutes.
Serving size: 2/3 cup
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Both recipes out of the Weight Watchers Simply Delicious Cookbook