Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baby #2 - 17 Week Survey


How far along? 17 weeks, 5 days

Total weight gain/loss: +7

Maternity clothes? Yes. I need to stop buying new clothes. Not a smart thing to do since hopefully I won't be wearing them for too long after the summer.

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep: I'm enjoying sleeping on my back and realize this luxury will be gone in two weeks.

Best moment this week: This was a BIG week. Tuesday we found out the sex (more on that later). The day came that I've been (literally) dreaming about. Then that night, we hosted a gender reveal party. Gender reveal parties (I think) are sort of new. I had never heard about them when I was pregnant with Charlie but when I heard about them I thought they were such a cute idea. We invited only my parents and the Strombergs. Rob's family doesn't live too far but they would get in major traffic on the way down so Rob told them the old fashioned way, by telling them "its a _____" in person and by phone. I'm not planning on having a shower for this baby so I thought the gender reveal party would be something special to do to celebrate "it." Here are some pictures from the reveal:


It's a....



Boy!!!!!


Charlie is going to love having a brother. I look forward to watching my boys play together.

And another highlight this week: helping co-host my friend Dorothy's baby shower! Her baby, Ivy, is due April 2nd. She's going to be a great mama.



**Sorry its a bit blurry (trying to protect her identity) ;)
Movement: Not yet. I'm surprised I haven't felt him yet. I thought I felt him a couple times but it was gas. Oopsies.

Food cravings: No big cravings these days.

Gender: Baby boy!

Labor Signs: Nope

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Tummy sleeping

What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery under way. Oh I've got plans, baby!

Other Updates: I had my blood drawn again and they gave me my revised down syndrome risk numbers. Last time it was 1 in 2600 (with Charlie it was 1 in 10,000 so I was surprised it was such a higher risk, though not "high risk"). The revised number is 1 in 12,000 which is amazing. For some reason my risk for Trisomy 18 actually went up but I'm still not high risk. The dr. said the ultrasound tech would typically be able to point out multiple markers to indicate the baby has Trisomy 18 but my ultrasound came out great so there is no concern.
The other big update: we're pretty sure this baby will be named Calvin, nickname Cal.

This week, baby Calvin is the size of a turnip!

No comments: