Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us!


Our 5th wedding anniversary was on September 9th. We got all dolled up (I curled my pony tail) and went to dinner at Il Postale (yum!) and I had my first espresso martini (double yum). Our meal wasn't too spendy because I had bought a gift certificate from restaurant.com (love that website!). The dinner was delish and we almost had the restaurant to ourselves because it was a little early.

After dinner, we went to see My Idiot Brother. It was entertaining - a couple laugh out loud moments. The part I hated the most was when I realized half way in the movie that I had chocolate all over my arm and I had no idea where it came from. I was aware I had some junior mints but I couldn't figure out how it got on my arm. I was trying to find a sanitizing wipe in my purse but the 2 I found were all dried up. After the movie, when the lights came on, I realized I had more chocolate on my other arm, jeans and all over my bag (of course, it was the most expensive bag I own, my beloved Gucci). Basically I dropped a thin mint and it melted between my bag and my arm. Gross. I still haven't tried to clean my bag yet. Maybe I should do that today....Wow, sorry for the long random tangent!

The traditional 5 year gift is wood. We are going to get 4 new wooden kitchen table chairs once the budget allows.

If you must know, I'm sporting Stella & Dot's Chantilly Lace Earrings (best seller) and the matching Chantilly Lace Cuff (I died when I put it on - made me feel oh so fancy!).

Happy Anniversary, Poo!

No comments: