Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Skinny Eggplant Parmesan.

This dish was doomed from the start. I was getting ready to make dinner and realized it said I needed 1 large egglant (2 lbs). My eggplant didn't seem to large. I weighed it. 14 oz. Damn. So I headed off to Wal-Mart because I know Target doesn't carry eggplant and I was too lazy to drive 5 miles to Safeway. So I went to Wal-Mart and luckily they had eggplant. I went to to the register and the cashier asked me "what are you going to do with the eggplant?" I told her we are making eggplant parmesan. (blank stare) "Eggplant parmesan is kind of like a casserole and just has veggies and cheese in it." "Oh".

Alas we were home. I did the first step of slicing the eggplant so I can put it in the oven on the baking sheet and realized some of my slices were a little small. They proceeded to burn in the oven and I only had a small picking of good slices - this would come in handy later. So I salvaged what I could and decided to move on.

I was looking for a dish and realized the dish I had that was required was dirty. I tried cleaning it for 20 seconds and realized it was too much work so I got a smaller dish. The rest of the dinner making was a bit half ass (I know - it was a bit half ass from the beginning but thats ok). I didn't really measure from there on out and I'm big on measuring because I am a baker, not a cook. I decided to pile on extra cheese on top because usually that makes things better. Usually.

I would say this dish was pretty good. I would make again since I think its pretty low in fat thanks to the nonfat ricotta cheese.

Recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/lighter-eggplant-parmesan-5-pts.html

No comments: