Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Beach in the Winter (I guess we're technically in fall??)

We went to the beach last weekend, just the four of us. Friday was the worst night ever. Charlie had a late nap (woke up at 6:15 pm), then fell asleep on the way to the beach. I got him down around 9:30 and he was up at 11:30 and then back down again around 3:00 am. Luckily the four of us took a 2 hour 10 min nap together later that day.

Charlie in the morning, enjoying the view.
Charlie did this a lot this weekend. I sat on the stairs a lot, catching him. He hasn't learned what gravity is yet.

Charlie put himself in a time out. Then he couldn't figure out how to get out and got pissed. I, being the good mama I am, grabbed my camera while he was stuck, crying, with a powerstrip begging to zap his toes.

This kid loves to look at books. He'll sit there by himself and look at the pages and turn them. Its pretty sweet.

This is 5 mins later when he looked up and saw I was there the whole time.

Before it started raining, we took a family walk.
 It rained during our walk, but not too badly.
 Well, I guess it rained quite a bit....

Then Charlie played his favorite game "put your crotch on daddy's face"
 "Me too, me too, I wanna play!" -Buddy
 And then Charlie's 2nd favorite, "you'll poke your daddy's eye out, kid!"
 And third favorite, fish hooking mama
 That evening while I was chatting with my mom, I noticed the sun was going down. As we were chatting I put Charlie down, grabbed the camera and ran outside to get this. If you look closely, you can see a little bird flying by the sunset. And another little bird is on the sand.
 I was hoping to catch up with an 'ol friend this weekend but that never happened.
 Sunday morning was a bit chilly like the other days so I enjoyed some morning cocoa on floor next to Charlie and the heater vent.
 And a few hours later we were outta there. See you next month, beach!


No comments: