Thursday, May 28, 2009

Swaptree



I am really loving swaptree. Swaptree is a website where you can trade (for free) your books, CDs, video games, movies, etc. with other people. You list all the stuff you are willing to part with and you create a wish list. Swaptree sends you an email when they find a match. I listed only 3 books in the last week and I've had 2 matches! All you have to do is pay for shipping and shipping materials which seems to run about $4. Cheaper than buying a new book and good for the environment!

This might not be good for people who like to hold on to their stuff like my father in law who has newspapers that date back to the 1970's (or farther back?) stacked in his garage, just in case he needs them someday. He'll have the last laugh, I'm sure, when one of those newspapers comes in handy someday.

Anyway, check it out: http://www.swaptree.com/

2 comments:

Melissa said...

How cool! I end up donating my books to Goodwill or the staff room at my old school. I'm going to try this out. Thanks!

Abby said...

Swaptree says THANK YOU! We appreciate you thinking of us. It excites us that you enjoy the website enough to make it known to everyone in cyberspace!

melrem: it IS a fabulous way to get rid of old books! I actually go to Goodwill to find books to read, then throw them up on the website to trade for new ones! How very green of me :).

Thanks again and keep swapping!
-the Swaptree team