Friday, April 25, 2008

Return of the Poo Bag

For all of you that want to know: Yes, the townhouse is still for sale.

I was at work yesterday and received a call at 11:15 from a realtor asking to see our house from 11:30-12:00 and to return her call if this is a problem. I received the message at 11:39 and called her back right away. I told her the place isn't ready and could they perhaps see it later this afternoon? (this is typical - a realtor calls, our house isn't ready,I drive home frome work, tidy up, take Buddy out while they are there, come back in and work from home the rest of the day). Well, this realtor would not have it. She insisted on seeing it and was actually already in our neighborhood. I swear I heard her heels clicking on pavement, probably right outside our door. She said he REALLY wants to see it and he is here from out of town, needs to get back to the office, blah blah blah. I warned her again its not ready and we have a dog. She said to not worry at all. Fine! So I told her to go ahead and cringing inside not remembering what was left on the bedroom floor. Did I leave my underwear on the floor? Did I pick up my ice cream wrapper from last night? I told our realtor not to bother following up with them because I am too embarassed to hear their feedback. You would think the house would look good because just one day prior another realtor brought their clients by. Well my friend, its amazing how much of a mess I can make in such little time.

So after work, I went home to inspect the damage:
1.) tax return on chair in living room
2.) coffee table pushed against wall, not centered (duh, so Buddy has room to run)
3.) blanket crumpled up on floor (for Buddy to sleep on)
4.) about 4 dog toys thrown around randomly
5.) jacket crumpled on stool in kitchen
6.) mail spread out on island
7.) receipts on desk
8.) pee pad upstairs (unpeed on though - so thats a plus right?)
9.) random clothes on dresser
10.) bed half made (made but decoration pillows by bed on floor)
11.) towel on floor in bathroom (for when we get out of the shower)
12.) mismatched towels
13.) dress laid out on guest bed for my friend Jen's shower on Saturday
14.) blow dryer and make up bag on bathroom counter
15.) shoes on guest bed (don't ask)
16.) and finally.....a doggie poo bag on the steps down to the garage

I'm totally expecting an offer coming through any day now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Realtors refer to that as the "lived in" look. I mean, who wants a sterile environment? Do you suppose Buddy was surprised to see new people coming in? At least you don't have a dog like Puddin' - he'd probably bite everybody!