Monday, April 11, 2011

That's Random.

I'm allergic to sponges. Ok, not really but I do not like sponges. They sort of freak me out. I know you can zap them in the microwave and get rid of the bacteria and whatever else is growing in your sponge but I just don't like them. They are ok for cleaning the house, not cleaning dishes.

But for some reason, I'm ok with using this dish scrubbing device that was left by our home's prior owners. Three years ago. Even though it was used on other people's dishes for whom I didn't know very well, and even though its at least 3 years old and we have never cleaned it, it doesn't gross me out. Not one bit.

*side note: even though it doesn't gross me out, I would never use it to clean a "clean by hand" item. I'm ok with using this random thing and throwing items in the dishwasher. If I have to clean something by hand, I'll use my hands (literally) and maybe a sponge. Then, the sponge gets tossed in the trash.


Rob said...

That thing wasn't left by the prior owners. We bought it in reaction to your aversion to sponges.

Alyssa said...

The mind is the first thing to go.