Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Saturday & Sunday

Saturday started with one of the best massages I have ever had. Its right up there with Henna (aka "Man Hands") from Watercourse Way. It started out with this woman who had what looked like sticks made out of bamboo tied together and hit my feet with them. It sounds weird but it actually felt good. It was supposed to increase circulation. Then she took me to the private room for the massage. I don't know what type of massage it was but it was a traditional hawaiian massage. It was also my longest massage (75 instead of 60 mins).

We went on a private tour of the USS Missouri with a retired marine. The USS Missouri was the battleship where the peace treaty was signed for WW2. It was interesting to see the ins and outs of the ship.








This marks the spot where the treaty was signed on the deck.



That night Rob and I went out for a romantic dinner at Michel's. We had a great table with a view of the sunset.



Sunday we drove around all day in the car with a man who is retired and was in the navy. We drove around the hot spots of the island and he was able to get us on the navy base at Pearl Harbor. There were many signs that said we couldn't take pictures. If you really want to see pictures you can contact my father in law who I believe didn't see the signs. ;)

We are back home now. We had a great vacation but its always nice to come home. I keep craving fruity icy drinks, even had Jamba Juice for dinner last night. I think the fruity cocktails before every dinner set a bad precedence.

Thank you again to the Evans for watching Buddy! Thanks mom and dad for picking up our paper and watching the house.

No comments: