Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fancy Sh-Mancy

Yesterday we received a wedding invitation in the mail and boy was it fancy! It really was a work of art. It reminded me of another invitation we received last year for a wedding in Egypt that we were bummed to miss. Both of these invites were for friends of Rob he met at Santa Clara University (round 2 at SCU). They are so neat I decided to take pictures and share them.

The first was from last year and was for Rob's friend Ahmed and his now wife Yasmine. They were married the day after Christmas last year in Egypt. We really wanted to go but due to timing (holiday) and dinero, we had to skip it. But one day, we WILL go to Egypt (hopefully). This wasn't an invitation card, it was an invitation box. So cool.












Below is the invitation we just received yesterday. This is for Rob's friend Nate and his soon to be wife Parya. They are getting married next month at the Fairmont in San Jose so we'll definately be there. Confession: as soon as I saw the necklace, I went to see if it was real. Its not but it's still really cool. I also love the crystals. So chic! I can probably still wrap that bad boy around my neck (or ankles?) and wear it to their wedding and wouldn't they be impressed! ;) kidding of course...





For someone who put their invitations together themselves, I can appreciate the work that went into these. And don't get me started on the postage!

No comments: