Sunday, December 30, 2007

Poo in a bag - is it always a deal breaker?

Rob and I were having dinner at PF Chang's last night when Rob received a phone call from a realtor who wants to show our townhouse to his clients the next day (Sunday/today). Did I hear Rob right, or is my 2nd Key Lime Pie Martini playing tricks on my sense of hearing?

We put the townhouse up on the market a couple weeks ago, had an open house and a decent amount of people showed up to it (yeah!). But, no realtors have called us to show our house to their clients (booo!). Yeah, its the holidays and all, but c'mon people! This is major progress. So this morning Rob and I were rushing around to make our place look presentable, and I even vacuumed. "Due to a language barrier" (like that Steph? re-using justifacts lingo, ok sorry, inside joke), we weren't sure if the realtor was going to show up today. Turns out he left evidence that he was able to make it (1.) he left the garage door unlocked and 2.) left his card for us).

We are back now, getting dinner ready for when my parents come over to dinner and I realize Buddy needs to go outside to go potty. I open my front door, and to my horror, are 4 poo bags in the corner of our porch right in front of the door. It really shouldn't be too much of a shock to me since yours truly left them there. This is the thing, when I take Buddy on his walks, he does his business, and I'm a responsible dog owner who picks up after his business. Sometime's his timing isn't always great and he does his business after we pass a garbage can. I can be a bit lazy at times so instead of bringing the bag into the house and down to the garage right away, I will wait until there is a collection, if you will (I will).

Unfortunately, I forgot to clean this up. So my question is, is it really that bad to have poo bags on a porch of place when you are considering buying it? Yeah, I thought so...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...you surely made me laugh this morning! I love this blog idea of yours and am considering starting one of my own. I agree that it's a great way to keep in touch with each other and see what's going on. And yes, I liked the Justifacts lingo. :-) Ahhh...the memories. Remember when we used to race each other back home? haha. Crazy kids.

Anonymous said...

Naw - I don't think it would be a deal breaker, per se...only if the Realtor had left a 3rd sign that he'd been there(besides the business card and the unlocked garage) - by confiscating the poop bag thinking you'd left cookies at the front door as a special treat for him and his clients. THAT would be a deal breaker :)

Unknown said...

hahahahahahahahahaah. That is bad! But soooo funny. I love this story.